The Environmental Humanities Program brings a diverse array of environmental thinkers to campus. We also showcase current University faculty across a variety of humanities and scientific disciplines. Students connect with these scholars and we cultivate personal interaction and intellectual engagement with all of our visitors.
Our 2018-2019 speakers and scholars include:
- Environmental Humanities in the 21st Century University, held at Taft-Nicholson Center, MT
- Thomas Michael Swensen, Ethnic Studies, University of Utah
- Non-profit leaders Ashley Patterson, Carl Fisher, and Cheryl Fox
- Carlos Santana, Philosophy, University of Utah
- Amy Irvine , Author, public-lands activist
- Rebecca Solnit, Author, historian, activist, and recipient of the second Utah Award in the Environmental Humanities
- David Pellow, Environmental Studies, UCSB
Find our speakers from years previous here.